Monday, November 4, 2013

YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED!?!?!?!?!

Hola Familia! Como estan?!
 
So I have heard a ton of this on my mission so far.... "No estoy interesado" and from the gringos "Im not interested".... I usually respond with my testimony of the gospel but what I really ought to say is "WHAT, YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR SALVATION?!?!" 
 
Wow transfers are crazy! I stayed in the same area while Elder Keller went to Klamath Falls to be the ZL over all the spanish elders in the mission. I am going to miss him for a lot of reasons for one he was in this area for over 6 months and knew where everything is. Now here I am struggling to find the library as I try to take over this area! I am just going to miss keller for a lot of reasons. Sports was definitly something we agreed on.
 
 I just met my new companion this morning, Elder Fowler from Bountiful UT, and we are going to work harder than we have ever done before. He is definitly different from the last one but different is good! He was in the band at bountiful high and he actually knows elder Boswell because he came from his area in Corvallis. I hoped to see steven today at transfer spot but he wasnt there. 
 
 This last week was a bit hectic with appointments falling through all the time and our bike tires popping every other day but we had lots of miracles still. We finally managed to get Angel to come to church Paloma went to the temple with the ward on saturday! The work is still moving along we just need to push harder everyday. So I took my bike into a shop because the tires on that bike were weird and I didnt have time to get it done. The guy was really nice and charged me like 10 bucks for a new tire, installation, and a patch job on the other tire! We had some nice hail and rain storms this week as well!
 
We had one experience this week with prayer that was a miracle but turned out kinda funny! We prayed to find a family of 6 during planning and morning study and then we went out to search for them. Guess what.... The first latino we run into named Elia has 4 kids and there was our family of 6! However, they were not as interested as I would have hoped they would be. Next time our prayers and going to be more specific and to the point and we are going to find that prepared family of 6! I love getting to know new people and finding new friends through the gospel it just cant get old! I just hope to be a more powerful teacher so that those I talk to dont have the OPTION to accept the gospel!
 
So we toured Autzen stadium this last Pday and that was pretty legit. The stadium was pretty small compared to Lavell Edward but they have a nice facility and they are going to win the national championship so all is well in Oregon.
 
We had this conference call as KEller was district leader on tuesday mornings and it was just the best advice I have for you for this week. Elder oneil got on the call and started singing "Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place!" I just couldnt stop laughing! Oneil is a big lovable guy and just makes you smile. EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY! We just need to make it a good day and smile all the time. No olviden su sonrisa cada dia Santiago, Lucas, Hiram!
 
Spencer I havent read your email yet but I am asuming all went well with the zip line? What is the next sport up? Basketball? You already always have a smile so try putting smiles on other peoples faces everyday now! Any new improvements on Nathans place? How is liberty?
 
So I got in the mission office and appearantly my friend from High school Philip Ng was serving in our mission as a chinese elder waiting for his visa to taiwan for a few weeks! I just wish I could have seen him!
 
Did carter get a deer? Did the letter with the tag in it from mexico show in the mail?
 
I had an amazing lesson with our less active ward mission leader this week. He is soo funny! He tells us so many good stories. This week though when we visited him he gave us hot chocolate and we sat by his fire warming up sipping hot chocolate. It was the closest to camping I will be in a while. He then came to church this week!!! I love seeing people at church.
 
Another thing that I really recoginzed this week was the tender mercies that God shows me everyday. Proverbs 3 : 5-6 is a good verse that goes along with this. We need to recognize the lords hand in everything that we experience for it is him who has given it to us. For example after popping a tire, walking miles, the next day while we went out for a run there were 4 blacktail deer outside our appartment and it just made me so happy and I realized that god is aware of me and he loves me enough to put little experiences in our day to lighten the load.
 
Well I love you all lots and keep praying for Paloma and Chewie and Stephanie. They need it.  You get to see Amber this week? I am so jelous! give her a big hug from me and dont let here get married without my approval!
 
-Elder Allen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment