Monday, October 28, 2013

Fortaleca

Hola Familia!
 
So I remember doing all those fundraisers for coach cardoso and when I would go door to door some people would say.... "No hablo engleis"  and I would just say adios! Not anymore! That is one of my favorite things to hear now! I dont want anyone to speak english!! Cool thing is that James, luke and hyrum will be able to sell their stuff in spanish no problem as well now that they are learning spanish too!
 
Remember the first miracle that I talked to you all about? Paloma, the lady on my first day that we felt impressed to reverse and go see if she spoke spanish, is getting baptised this next week! She is sooooo PREPARED! Thanks for all the prayers for the people that are living here. I need the blessings from your prayers but the people in the field need them more and they need to be ready to listen and accept. Paloma is amazing.... like we taught her the word of wisdom last time and she immediately after said.... I drink tea and coffee but not anymore! She just accepted it like it was nothing! We were so stoked! (seeing sisters get stoked is a different matter, squeeling and such) She has come to church every sunday and just loves everything.
 
I memorized a scripture that Amber said she memorized while i was in the mtc. It is a short one but it is just amazing! Todo lo puedo en cristo que me fortalece! Phil. 4 : 13 I just love it because there is so much strength that can be found in the savior! Our strength comes from the lord! Everyday there is adversity and temptation but Christ is the Rock and never moves and no matter how the wind beats upon us as long as we hold on to the rock we cannot be carried away captive! I love wearing the missionary nametag! Everymorning I just take joy in putting it on and looking at the two names, ALLEN and JESUS CHRIST. Both names mean a lot to me! One helps me remember my family and how I need to live and work in a manner that will bring "honor to the family" : ) ! The other is Christs name which makes it so my family will be together forever and also the artist of our lasting happiness. Both names just give me that strength every day and I know that it can give each and every person that same strength as long as they ACT. Christ has said that we need to COME unto him. He is not going to come to us we have to come unto him and abandon our pride. He is standing at the door and we just have to knock. It always begins with action! That also reminded me of Grandma Allens story at the Allen reunion about prayer that she just prayed for the strength to bike against the wind, although she wanted the wind to change directions! Always ask for strength to overcome!
 
So there goes another month of my mission and I just feel it is going to fast! I will see this week where I will go next transfer. I want to stay! I could honestly stay here my whole mission and still have a ton of work to do. there is too much to do to just leave already so I hope I get to stay. Some of our investigators have been being ridiculous this week! They dont answer and they always find last minute excusses to not come to church. I was tired.... my car broke AGAIN.... My brothers uncles monkey on a fence needed my help to get down.... EXCUSES STINK!
 
The weather here has been beautiful and quite sunny really! We had some dense fog too so that was fun.
 
There is another scripture that we have been sharing with all our less actives in Alma 5 : 26-27 and it is like a BIG wake up call. Can you feel that spirit NOW? We actually got 3 families to come that I have not seen at church the 5 weeks I have been here so that was nice to see them there. We have been helping a man  to stop smoking and using tobacco and he is doing really well we figured the math and he spends just thousands of dollars a month on that stuff! He is doing well though and came to church with his wife and son as well.
-Love you all
ELder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment