Thursday, November 21, 2013

Elder Foster Comes to Town!

Hola Familia! Esta semana fue imponente!!
Elder Foster of the Seventy came to tour the mission and give us the vision! After as I was shaking his hand I asked if he knew BOYD HENDERSON. Well, his face lit up and he said of course I know boyd. BOYD is one of my Heros! So he told me about how he served with grandpa and how he was such an examplar. He put his hands on my shoulders and said "You are a Henderson".  I told him that gandpa was one of my heros as well! So tell grandpa that i love him lots and so does elder foster!
Our investigator is back on date for this Sunday! She has been sick lately but she has been keeping her commitments and is doing well. She has a pretty strong testimony of the word of God. So we planned to teach the law of the tithing this last lesson.
We got in and sat down and she starts telling us about how she only makes 30 dollars a week and that she has no money and that she cannot afford to buy much other  than food. Well, after this great introduction we presented the law of the tithe. I didnt know how it was going to go down. In the end though she just said "Of course I need to pay my tithing". She has such great faith and with that faith there is nothing that would stop her from keeping the lords commandments. She was prepared by the lord for us to come find and teach her. The other elders have a couple of people on date for next week as well and so we are going to have 3 new members of the branch this next week!
So the thing that I learned this week was to stay calm and have paciencia. missionary work is frustrating at times because people do not follow through with anything. I just have to remember that I am not perfect and so I can expect them to be either. Patience in missionary work is soo important because we want to be truly converting the people we teach as well!  
So challenge for you all this week at church. During sacrament pick somewhere new to sit so that you can get to know someone else. Yes it might go against the assigned seats but I learned during stake conference this week that meeting new people is missionary work and that we always need to be in the friend making mode!!! FELLOWSHIP LIKE CRAZY!
Last note... pray harder for the investigators than for the missionaries. I could use a blessing or two but they are the ones that we are here for so pray for them! Thanks for all the prayers it is powerful to think of all those who pray for me and gregg. The first presidency of the church and the 12 pray in the temple every thursday morning for the missionaries... powerful right! And elder Ballards plea to get another family to church with us before Christmas is still on. Keep inviting your friends!

Elder STEVEN BOSWELL finally saw the man!
Love you all lots and keep the faith y continua a seguir adelante con confianza!
Elder Allen

It is a NUTRIA! COOL CREATURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment